Juliana Pacheco Duarte, Assistant Professor
- Ph.D., Nuclear Engineering and Engineering Physics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2018
- M.Sc., Electrical Engineering, University of Sao Paulo, 2014
- B.Sc., Nuclear Engineering, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, 2013
- B.Sc., Physics, State University of Campinas, 2016
Office: 427 Goodwin Hall
Phone: +1 (540) 231-7388
Office: 302 Goodwin Hall
- Jeric Demasana, Major in Electrical Engineering and Nanoscience
- Alex DeJong, Major in Material Science and Engineering
- Erik Sharrer, Major in Mechanical Engineering
- Jenny McAneney, Major in Mechanical Engineering
- Shayan Sanjideh, Major in Mechanical Engineering
We are always looking for strong candidates seeking to get his/her Ph.D. in the areas of nuclear reactor thermal-hydraulics and reactor safety. B.S. and/or M.S. degrees in Nuclear Engineering are preferred. New GRA positions will be announced here.
Contact Dr. Duarte directly for questions: email@example.com
Undergraduate students looking for research experience during the academic year or the summer are welcome in our group. There are always open opportunities to work on both experimental and computational projects.
Examples of current projects:
- Help to build our new heat flux facility!
- Develop a one-dimensional inverse heat transfer analysis using experimental data.
- Analyze data using two-dimensional heat transfer analysis using a computational tool.
- Develop input files in subchannel thermal-hydraulic codes, such as CTF, to study heat transfer mechanisms.
Abdulla Alblooshi, Major in Chemical Engineering
Nick Burns, Major in Chemical Engineering
Shubham Rath, Major in Mechanical Engineering