Juliana Pacheco Duarte, Assistant Professor
- Ph.D., Nuclear Eng. and Eng. Physics, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 2018
- M.Sc., Electrical Engineering, University of Sao Paulo, 2014
- B.Sc., Nuclear Engineering, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, 2013
- B.Sc., Physics, State University of Campinas, 2016
Office: 427 Goodwin Hall
Phone: +1 (540) 231-7388
Office: 302 Goodwin Hall
- Max McAllister, Major in Mechanical Engineering
- Manny Lopez, Major in Mechanical Engineering
- Peter Wynnyk, Major in Material Science and Engineering
- Evelyn Washburn, Major in Engineering
- Samridhi Roshan, Major in Computer Science
We are always looking for strong candidates seeking to get his/her Ph.D. in the areas of nuclear reactor thermal-hydraulics and reactor safety. B.S. and/or M.S. degrees in Nuclear Engineering are preferred. New GRA positions will be announced here.
Contact Dr. Duarte directly for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Undergraduate students looking for research experience during the academic year or the summer are welcome in our group. There are always open opportunities to work on both experimental and computational projects.
Examples of current projects:
- Help to build our new heat flux facility!
- Develop a one-dimensional inverse heat transfer analysis using experimental data.
- Analyze data using two-dimensional heat transfer analysis using a computational tool.
- Develop input files in subchannel thermal-hydraulic codes, such as CTF, to study heat transfer mechanisms.
Dr. Kyung Mo Kim, postdoc researcher at the University of Michigan - Ann Arbor
Jeric Demasana, Major in Electrical Engineering and Nanoscience, 2018-2021
Erik Sharrer, Major in Mechanical Engineering, 2019-2020
Shane Carroll, Major in Ocean Engineering, 2021
Abdulla Alblooshi, CHE, 2019-2020
Nick Burns, CHE, 2019-2020
Shubham Rath, ME, Fall 2019
Jenny McAneney, ME, Fall 2020
Alex DeJong, MSE, 2020-2021
Renzhi (Kyle) Hu, ME, Spring 2021
Matthew Kramer, ME, Spring 2021